Film Logistics and Services
We focus on bringing you here, so you can focus on Alaska.
On June 4, 2008, SB230 was signed into law, creating the Alaska Film Office. The initiative provides a transferable tax credit for quilted film production expenditures as an incentive to attract large scale film production in Alaska.
New Alaska Film Incentive Program Summary
- Must spend at least $100,000 in a consecutive 24 month period
- 30 percent transferable tax credit on qualified expenditures
- Claim an extra 10% for wages paid to Alaska residents
- Claim an extra 2% if filming in a rural area
- Claim an extra 2% if filming between October 1 and March 30
- No salary cap per employee per production